Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a title, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- While I'm a big fan of Photoshop and After Effects,…many folks prefer to stay inside the NLE.…Let's take a look at Premiere Pro and its Titler…to see some of its examples of what can be done.…One of the advantages to building titles…inside your NLE is that you tend to have…an easy workflow where things are going to stay connected.…Let's make a new title.…To do this, I'll choose Title, New Title,…and you'll see three choices, Still, Roll, or Crawl.…Let's start with the basic Still.…When you do this, it automatically matches…the frame rate and the dimensions of the current sequence.…
You can give it a name and click OK.…Once you've done this, you can easily toggle…the visibility of the background…with a simple icon click here,…to make it easier to design…in context to the frame of video.…Let's add a basic title.…I'll click the Title tool here,…I'll click the Type tool here or, better yet,…use the Area Type tool, and this allows you…to click and drag to set an area for the font to live.…Start to type.…
Once you've done this, it's pretty simple.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.