Do you want to create text in a nonlinear editor like Adobe Premiere Pro? Luckily, there are a wealth of titling tools that are offered in Premiere Pro. You can create titles like a title card or even a rolling credit. In this video,Richard Harrington demonstrates how to create a title card in Premiere.
- While I prefer to do most…of my text using either Photoshop or After Effects,…there are times when working directly…in an NLE is advantageous.…In this case,…let's explore some of the titling tools…that are offered in Adobe Premiere Pro.…If you've upgraded recently,…you might have noticed that the tools have seen a big jump…in quality, so I wanna show you what's new…and how to take advantage of built-in text tools.…Newer versions of Premiere Pro…have completely updated the text engine.…Some of the legacy options are still there…in case you work with an older project,…but the text tool has become simplified…and also simpler.…
Let me show you.…First up is the actual tool here, or Type Tool.…You can choose this by pressing the letter T.…Now, you can just click right on the canvas…and when you do, it will start to add a text layer.…This is text and I am flowing across the screen.…You'll notice the text just keeps going right off the edge…of the screen.…Now, if you just click and start typing,…this is what happens.…You can get very long text, very wide text,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.