Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a stars atmosphere with Particular, part of After Effects Breakdowns - Social Tech Infographics.
- [Voiceover] Trapcode Particular was used twice…in this composition.…The first one is to create…a star atmosphere inside the dark circle,…which represents space, of course.…In this movie, I'll show you how it was set,…and then in the next movie, we're going to explore…this fountain of rockets that are emitting from the Earth.…So, I'm going to stop the RAM preview,…and I'm going to scroll down in this composition…and select the Stars layer.…
Now let's show the Effect Controls,…and we can see that we have an instance of Particular,…which is actually helping us to create this star field.…Now just so we can see it better,…I'm going to solo this layer,…and I'm also going to create the RAM preview…so we get a sense of how it looks on its own.…Now if you want to find out…how things were made inside After Effects,…for example, you want to reverse engineer…a template that you've downloaded,…or you just want to learn how things were made,…you can go to the Animation menu…and you can ask After Effects…to Reveal All the Modified Properties.…
Eran shows how to decode a client brief, perform storyboarding in Illustrator, and then transition the design to After Effects for animation. Along the way, he weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Designing a storyboard with Illustrator
- Automating animations with Animation Composer
- Creating custom particles with Particular
- Crashing simulations using Newton