Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a stadium light effect using object buffers, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The foundation of our stadium is almost complete.…The last thing we want to worry about is the stadium lights and the pulses of…energy that are actually traveling through the tubes.…Both of these are going to be created using essentially the same technique, just…with slightly different variations on the effect that we applied to them.…So what I want to do is I am going to go into the Project folder and in the…Video subfolder in the Stadium/ Special Passes folder, I am going to grab…object buffer number 3.…This is the object buffer that has our stadium lights in it.…So I am going to drag that in and put it right above the Stadium Base Pre layer…that we've got in here.…
And when I do that, it obliterates everything below and that's because this is…just a black and white layer that shows us the lights themselves.…This was an object buffer that we set up in CINEMA 4D.…We're going to use this as the basis for another glow effect.…So I am going to go to the Effects menu and going under Trapcode and add in Starglow.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.