Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a rockets fountain with Particular, part of After Effects Breakdowns: Social Tech Infographics.
- [Voiceover] So we are still breaking down the…tech startups comp from the social tech movie,…and I want to finish up by showing you…how those four streams of colorful space rockets…that are emitting from the spinning Earth, were made.…Just as a reminder, those rocket ships are here…to represent the huge amount of tech…start-ups companies worldwide.…This simple but effective infographics animation…was all made using four instances of Trapcode Particular…which are doing almost the same thing,…but each is a little different.…
Okay, so let me show you how it was done in more detail.…I'm going to stop the run preview,…scroll down and double click on this rocket's pre comp.…Here we can see just the rocket ships on their own,…and then of course in the master composition…there is a movement, then also some masking,…so they appear as they are imitating…inside the circle, but this is how it was done.…I'm going to select one of those instances…and let's make sure that we can see the effect controls.…
This is once again using Particular,…
Eran shows how to decode a client brief, perform storyboarding in Illustrator, and then transition the design to After Effects for animation. Along the way, he weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Designing a storyboard with Illustrator
- Automating animations with Animation Composer
- Creating custom particles with Particular
- Crashing simulations using Newton