Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating render passes using the Render Elements plug-in, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Compositing in After Effects requires the use of layers, and breaking your scene…into layers can be really challenging.…Fortunately, there is an amazing free plug-in for CINEMA 4D that makes that…process really easy and intuitive.…It's called Render Elements, and it was created by a very talented artist and…programmer named Adam Swaab.…Now, before we start the Render Elements process, what I want to do is fix…something in the Render Settings that's very important.…In the previous movie, we were using a test render to test out our movie to make…sure that we had the correct layers.…In order to do that test render, we had changed our range of frames, and I want…to change that back now.…
So I'm going to go to the Render Settings, and in the Render Settings, I'm…going to click on the Output option and I'm going to change my Frame Range From 0 To 149.…I'm hitting the Tab key to get through those fields. And that's very, very important.…We want to make sure that we're rendering out the correct range of frames.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.