Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a power mask, part of Up and Running with Magic Bullet Suite.
Sometimes, you won't want looks to apply to all of your footage. …Now you could mask it out, if the adjustment was on a separate layer, if …you mask it out now, it's going to mask out the original content of the layer and …the look, which is probably not what you want. …So, Looks has this great feature called Power Masks, which just sounds really …cool, Power Masks. And what you can do is add a Power Masks …to limit where this adjustment shows up. So, in this footage we have this really …buttery, romantic look that covers the whole entire image in Diffusion.…
And it's obviously way over, over kill, highly stylized. …But we can make this a little bit more believable if we add a Power Masks. …So I'm going to change the masks drop down in the Power Masks section, from …None to, let's say, Ellipse. And this will create an elliptical masks. …And that way we can put the masks only where our actress is and remove the …effect where our actress is. Now this is the exact opposite. …So, what we need to do is come down to the bottom of Power Masks, the option …
- Integrating with After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Getting common Hollywood styles with Magic Bullet Looks
- Tweaking Looks presets
- Creating a Power Mask
- Using the Looks toolset
- Performing basic color correction
- Creating a miniature effect
- Performing powerful secondary color correction with Colorista II
- Adjusting skin tones with Cosmo
- Using Denoiser to salvage (and beautify) noisy footage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Magic Bullet Looks Basics
2. A Tour of the Looks Tools
3. Magic Bullet Looks in Practice
4. Using the MisFire Plugins
5. Using Colorista II
6. Removing Noise with Denoiser
7. Adjusting Skin Tones with Cosmo
About Cosmo2m 43s
8. Using Mojo
9. The Rest of the Magic Bullet Suite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.