Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a photograph alpha channel for video, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology (2014).
- Taking the time to create an Alpha Channel…is a great idea.…But what happens if it's not just a logo?…Well, let's take a look at two photo examples…really quick, and I'll show you…how Alpha Channels can be used there, as well.…I'll open up this image here,…and you see that it is a tree over a strong background.…If we look at the Channels panel,…it's easy to find a Channel that looks pretty good.…The Green Channel's close.…By duplicating that, I'll just call it Alpha,…and it adds an extra Channel.…
Let's turn that on and disable the other options here.…Pressing ctrl + l, it's very easy to adjust the black point…and the white point for that layer.…You see now, we've got a really good cutout.…Click OK.…And there's the image.…If I save that,…I'll just store that to my Desktop for now,…you'll notice that the transparency…will properly come in.…
Let's go to Premiere and import that file.…And open it.…And you see the tree has been cut out from the backdrop.…If things are looking pretty close,…the good news is that you can easily refine things.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.