Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the phone screen video, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The last step in our phone process is going to be to refine the video that's…in the phone screen.…Right now our phone screen video, it simply pops on and we need to refine that…so it feels like it's flickering on over time.…We are going to do that inside of the Phone Pass Pre composition, so let's go…in there right now.…So I am going to go to the Pre-COMP's folder and I'm going to double-click on…the Phone Pass Pre, and not the Phone Screen Pre but the Phone Pass Pre.…And so when I do that, I can now see my phone floating in the transparency grid here.…
As I scrub through in time, my video for the screen comes in at frame 120.…If I scrub into that range, I can see that my video isn't visible.…The reason it's not visible is because earlier in the course we added a…Platform Disc light to our composition in order to parent up the phone revealer to it.…When we did that, the 3D light of the Platform Disc light started to have an…impact on the Phone Screen Pre layer, which is a 3D layer also, and because that…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.