Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the phone reveal, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Our goal for the chapter is to create the effects that are related to the…phone and its screen.…The first thing we're going to need to do is to create the illusion that the…phone is coming up out of the stadium platform.…We're going to this using a 3D Solid layer that will act as a track matte for the phone.…And really what this movie is about is the idea that you can use 3D solids to…reveal 2D layers inside of After Effects, and this is a technique that I use all…the time and really it makes a lot of very interesting effects possible.…I'm going to start off by going into the Pre-COMP's and inside the Phone Pass Pre, …I am going to scrub through this to show you what's going on.…
The phone is coming up out of nowhere right now, but the top of the platform is…actually somewhere right in this area.…And so what we need to do is to be able to see this phone come up out of that platform.…Right now, it just sort of comes up out of the ground area and so I'm going to…create a track matte for this that will give it the illusion that it's actually…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.