Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the phone reveal glow, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The phone really looks like it's emerging from the platform now, but it really…doesn't feel too energetic.…To set up the huge explosion that we're going to add later on, we really need to…give our phone some energy.…We're going to use the Starglow effect again to add some energy to the phone.…So let's go into the MMM-001 Working COMP and this is where all of our…compositing is coming together and if I scrub back in time, you're going to see…that phone now emerge up out of a platform, and that's all thanks to that track…matte that's in the Phone Pass Pre-COMP.…If I use the page down key and just page through that, you can see that the…phone is coming out, but it still looks the same as it did.…
It's coming out of this white hot energy environment, and so it really should…have energy imparted into it as it passes through that boundary.…So I'm going to use the Starglow effect and I'm going use it a couple times.…The first -time I use it it's going to give a warm energy to it.…The second time I use it, it's going define more of the shape of the phone.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.