Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the phone reveal beams, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The platform that the phone emerges from is really the source of all of the…action in the scene.…It should feel as if it's pouring out visible energy into the stadium and…nothing says visible energy better than volumetric light.…Part of our rendering passes from CINEMA 4D was the Beams Pass.…Visible lights interacting with the phone and type.…We're going to use that pass now to create an illuminated look to our scene in After Effects.…So here I am inside of the MMM-001 composition and this composition is where…all of our compositing is coming together.…And what I want to do is create this visible light coming out of the platform.…
And if I go into the Video folder in my Cinema Imports, I've got the Beams Pass.…I'm going to bring-in the Beams_rgba clip and put that right above my Phone Pass Pre.…When I do that now I can see these visible lights here in the scene.…Right now they're just kind of stuck on top of everything and they're not…really interacting with any of the imagery underneath it.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.