Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating object buffer tags, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Setting up the object buffers is a two-step process.…In the previous movie, we set up step one, which was to list the object buffers…we wanted to have in the Render Settings.…In this movie we'll complete step two, which is to assign special compositing…tags to the objects we would like to show up in those listed object buffers.…It's very important that the numbers that we have in the object buffer tags and…the numbers in the Render Settings match exactly; otherwise CINEMA 4D won't be…able to correctly generate the object buffer.…So what I'm going to do is bring up my Render Settings by clicking on this icon right here.…When I do that, I now see my Render Settings. And I'm going to highlight the…phone screen and then hold down the Shift key and click on all 7 all bg.…
When I do that, that's going to list all of my object buffers and their IDs…in one handy location.…Now what I need to do is work my way through the scene file, applying compositing…tags and adding object buffers where necessary.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.