Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating null controllers, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- View Offline
- Already seen how expression control effects…can make the process…of editing your expressions much easier,…by providing interface elements like sliders…to control properties.…You'll see here, I've got some controllers…for things like my Stroke Width and Stroke Color,…applied to this layer so that I don't have to dig…deep into the expression to change the values…within the expression.…Up to this point, we've applied the effects…to the layer that has the expression on it.…
The problem with that is, if you end up…with multiple layers, you end up getting confused…about where the controls lie.…For example, if I want to control the position…of the text here, I have to open up the text effects…and have a look at the Wave Frequency,…Wave Height and Speed slider.…And eventually, I can find…the correct element that I want to adjust,…in this case, speed.…Then, if I want to adjust something about the stroke width,…I have to go back to the Stroke layer,…so the controls that are on each individual layer.…
A good technique, rather than doing this,…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations