Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new project, part of Video and Audio for Designers with Creative Cloud: Part 1.
- [Instructor] When you launch After Effects,…you should get a start screen similar to this one…that will show you recent files that you've had open…and ways to access other files…like your Creative Cloud files in there…and New Project over here.…Although you might have noticed there is a new project…open by default.…So I'm just going to close the start space and use this one…and it really is that easy.…If I needed to create a new one after this,…I would go to the File menu and choose New Project…from there as well and you can see Alt + Command + N…or Alt + Control + N on the PC is the shortcut to do that.…
A project in After Effects and indeed in Premiere…is a place to collect together…all of the different assets you're using in a project…rather than having them littered all over the place.…You might have things that you're bringing in…from other areas,…but this is a way to manage what you've got in the project.…You won't be able to do anything with it…until you add things to it.…You can see here that I've just got Save and Save As.…
- Basic terminology
- Importing files from Photoshop and Illustrator into After Effects
- Creating a lower third in After Effects
- Creating a new project in Adobe Premiere
- Working with sound and Audition
- Multitrack editing
- Remixing time
- Navigating the Adobe Audition interface
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Making a short social movie
Skill Level Beginner
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Intermediate
Audition CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith Paul Murphy5h 32m Beginner
1. Foundation Concepts
2. Adobe After Effects Essentials
3. Creating a Lower Third in After Effects
4. Adobe Premiere
5. Adobe Audition
6. Adobe Media Encoder
7. Making a Short Social Movie
Connecting with the author1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.