Join Chad Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a miniature effect, part of Learning Magic Bullet Suite.
One of the unexpected tricks that Looks can do for you is to create a shot that …looks like it's a miniature. A little tiny version. …So I'm going to go ahead and open the Looks interface here. …And I already have a few color correction items placed here in the Tool Chain. …So I have a color, Color Reset Three-Way, and then I have some Saturation. …Little Pop, and also a Gradient to give us a little bit of a blue sky there. …So here's the original, and here's what I changed it to with Looks.…
Now, if we go over to the Tool section here, go to the Lens area, and what you …want to add the Swing Tilt. Swing Tilt lenses create a depth of field …from left to right or up and down as opposed to close to the camera and far …away from the camera. So as I apply this you'll see that we …have Blur at the bottom and we have the widget here that we can choose what's in …focus and what's not in focus. We also have a line of focus here if we …want to just. Shift that, up and down here.…
This, basically, controls the feathering of the focus, so we could bring these …
- Integrating with After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Getting common Hollywood styles with Magic Bullet Looks
- Tweaking Looks presets
- Creating a Power Mask
- Using the Looks toolset
- Performing basic color correction
- Creating a miniature effect
- Performing powerful secondary color correction with Colorista II
- Adjusting skin tones with Cosmo
- Using Denoiser to salvage (and beautify) noisy footage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
After Effects CS6 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson8h 41m Beginner
VFX Techniques: Crowd Replication with After Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 54m Intermediate
1. Magic Bullet Looks Basics
2. A Tour of the Looks Tools
3. Magic Bullet Looks in Practice
4. Using the MisFire Plugins
5. Using Colorista II
6. Removing Noise with Denoiser
7. Adjusting Skin Tones with Cosmo
About Cosmo2m 43s
8. Using Mojo
9. The Rest of the Magic Bullet Suite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.