Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating looped animation with expressions, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- After Effects offers a powerful expressions system…that can help simplify certain tasks and automate others.…The world of expressions goes quite deep,…but, even as you're starting on your journey,…it can definitely benefit you to learn a few of the basics.…It can speed up your workflow…by reducing the need for manual keyframes.…So, for now, let's focus on how…to create keyframed animation loops.…So, here in this example, I've got a box…that's animated up, down, and back up again.…So, over the course of those three keyframes,…I'd like to loop this animation somehow.…And we can do that through the use of loop out expressions.…
So, in order to enable expressions,…we have to first select the property…that we have keyframes that we'd like to loop.…And over here by the stopwatch, let's option click that.…By option clicking, you'll notice…that these values then turn red.…We have a new expression parameter,…and, here, we have a text field.…Let's go ahead and delete that.…And this is where we're going to enter…in our loop out expression.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.