Want to take your type-based motion graphics to the next level in Adobe Photoshop? This is where design techniques like distressing text and creating a logo bug come into play. What are some useful design techniques you can use right now? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to create a logo bug in Photoshop.
- Oftentimes in a video, you'll be given a logo…that people wanna superimpose into the corner.…Maybe it's a station identification or a branding ID…that needs to be woven into the video.…This is fairly common practice.…Making it is very simple.…Let's assume that you have a vector Illustrator file.…You might not be comfortable using Adobe Illustrator,…but don't worry, if you have an Illustrator file,…it can bee added into a Photoshop document.…Vector graphics made in Illustrator…have the flexibility of being very scalable,…or able to be resized cleanly.…
To do this, we'll make a new document…that matches the size of our canvas.…Now, if you're editing in Premiere Pro,…there's a really easy way to do this.…If you already have a sequence open with footage in it,…you can make a new graphic that matches.…Just choose file, new, Photoshop file,…and it will automatically match…the resolution of your canvas.…In this case, it's using some non-square pixels…to create a 1920 by 1080 graphic.…
When I click OK, Premiere will ask me to save the graphic.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.