Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a glow using the Ambient Occlusion pass, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So the level of energy in our stadium is really looking great, but there is a…particular zone that's really left out of the process so far, and that's the…base around the platform.…You'll see there is sort of a dark region here underneath the base where our pistons are.…And what we want is we want to have these pistons not feel like pistons but…tubes of energy pumping life into this platform, and so we're going to do that…with a very special pass called the Ambient Occlusion Pass.…That's going to give us a lot of extra detail that we can use as the basis for our glow.…I'm going to go and show you the Ambient Occlusion Pass. If I go into the Video…folder and into the Stadium Pass/ Special Passes folde,r I'll just double-click…on that and here in the Footage window I leave the caps lock and in the…Footage window, I want to scrub forward in time and you can see the Ambient…Occlusion Pass on its own.…
It is really beautiful and it has been used for amazing effect on a lot of…commercials over the time, and what it is, is the result of geometry intersections.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.