Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a glow on the stadium background, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
The simple glow set up that we used to create our glow for the Stadium Base…platform is really going to be sort of the foundation effect that's going to be…repeated throughout our animation.…We can use that effect that we created for that base and copy and paste it on…to our Stadium Pass.…That will save us a lot of time.…So what we're going to do in this movie is basically repeat that glow and then…set up some keyframes so that the glow appears gradually over time.…So let's start off by going to the Stadium Pass Pre. And what I want to do is I…need to have a layer to apply the Starglow effect to, so I'll still be left with…my original stadium, so I am going to duplicate this by hitting Command+D or…Ctrl+D on the keyboard, and that gives me a second Stadium Pass Pre.…
Now if I go to the Stadium Base Pre, and I am going to select the Starglow…effect that shows up in the Effects controls and I am going to copy it, and…then I'm going to paste it down onto this second Stadium Pass Pre layer, and…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.