Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an external compositing tag, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
CINEMA 4D is a production tool that is designed to work within a particular…workflow involving compositing application like After Effects. Because of that,…it has incredibly tight integration with After Effects.…One of the abilities that we have is the ability to bring across 3D data, in the…form of camera and position information, from CINEMA 4D into After Effects.…In order to do that though, we have to add a special tag to our project file…for the objects that we want to have inside of After Effects. And right now in…this scene, the only thing that we're really concerned about is the screen for the telephone.…
We want to have an exact null object that's in the center of the screen moving and…traveling with the screen.…That will give this the ability to actually place us a video on that screen inside…of After Effects that'll move exactly with our 3D render from CINEMA 4D.…So what I'm going to do is over here in the object manager, I'm going to scroll…down through the object manager and find my phone.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.