Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the energy burst, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
So our phone has tons and tons of energy, but one of the problems with the…energy that we've added to the phone is it's very localized the phone itself.…And we want this energy to expand outward into the scene to really feel like an explosion.…To do that, we're going to create a 2D layer and add a mask to our phone.…And we're going to use that mask to give the impression that this energy from…the 2D layer is traveling outward from the origin of the phone.…Now, you'll probably ask yourself, well, Rob!…Why would you use a 2D layer for this?…We've been using 3D track mattes in the other movies up until this point.…
Well, back in the day before After Effects even had 3D layers, this is a…technique that I would use to actually create the illusion of glows and effects…and stuff like that.…We had to create masks on layers by hand.…Sometimes I like to do that because it gives me a little bit more control…and makes it feel a little bit more organic than the raw precision of placing 3D solids.…So what I want to do is in the MMM- 001 composition I am going to make a new…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.