Adobe After Effects is Adobe software that is solely dedicated to motion graphics creation. Here, you can also create animated 3D text. There are many tools that you can choose from to create it. What’s available? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to create custom animations in After Effects.
- While text animation presets are a great starting point,…you're gonna wanna master the controls…so you can create whatever effect you can think up.…Let me show you some of the choices you have.…Let's go to a new composition here for a moment.…This one called 04_PF and double click.…This has a piece of text already set.…Let's go ahead here, take a look at this…and I'm gonna also select the layer styles…and remove them for a moment…just to take it back to basic text.…
If you decide you wanna keep certain layer styles,…you can choose the ones you don't want…and take a look at them in audition.…For example, let's experiment with the bevel, outer glow…and drop shadow removed…and now I just have the color overlay…and the gradient overlay…giving it its nice color and texture.…I like that, so we'll just select these three…and press the delete key.…Layer styles are like Photoshop layer styles…and allow you to quickly stylize text or objects.…
Now I want you to notice that next to the word Text here…is the property called Animate.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.