Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom animations, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- You've seen me work with presets…but everything can be built from scratch…and this is a great way to take total control.…Let's go back here to the project panel…and I'll select this text block on and duplicate it.…And in this case, I'm going to rename this…and call it "Custom."…Let's open that up…and remove the animators.…There we go.…And the effects.…You'll now notice that under text…you have the ability to animate.…
So, for example, maybe I want to animate the fill color.…And I can do this with a simple RGB value.…Well, there's one fill color.…I can jump forward in time, say to 4 seconds,…and change that to another color.…Let's go to orange.…You're going to notice that in between…it smoothly keyframes between the two values.…Along the way, if you want, you can add more colors.…
And now we're forcing it…to go through different colors in the cycle.…In this case, because I introduced some blues and greens,…it's going to move through the spectrum.…There we go.…And let's assign a new blue here.…If we keyframe that, and now preview the animation,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.