Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a crawl, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- Similar to a roll is the use of a crawl.…But instead of moving vertically it'll move horizontally.…To create one choose title, new title, default crawl.…Make sure that the frame rate and size,…match your current sequence.…Let's call that crawl.…Now, when you click with the text tool…it'll start to go to the right.…Remember, you can take advantage of any presets you've made.…Let's get some sample text to use.…
In this case, I am going to use some information…off of the lynda.com website.…Right click and choose copy…and then switch back to Premier Pro.…Let's click to add the text and I can choose paste.…If I have a title style selected, it applies.…It looks like in this case…that there was hard return in that text.…So I'll press the backspace to take it out…and add a small space.…That looks pretty good.…Let's drag that into position,…so that it sits on the title safe line.…
And just like the roll, I can click to access options.…I'm going to tell it to crawl from the left.…And to start off screen and end off screen.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.