Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating camera shake with wiggle, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- Wiggle's a great thing to use for adding…camera shaking randomness to property.…I've got this footage here from Artbeats…from a car's point of view driving along a road,…and you'll see it's a little bit stormy,…but I want to make it look really dark and stormy and gloomy…so what I've done is taken that into composition,…and then I've added some effects to that.…It's got a glow effect on which I've added.…Just adds a little bit of a subtle glow.…And then I've got these other layers…which combine to create this kind…of nighttime stormy effect.…
I've got levels and curves on there.…So that kind of creates the atmosphere,…and then I've nested that into another composition,…and this is 01 Lightning Wiggle Start,…and I've applied some lightning to the shot in here,…and you'll see that I've key framed direction,…and I'm using expressions to loop that over and over again.…So, I'm getting lightning shooting down.…Okay, so what I want to do is I want to create camera shake…that happens when the lightning strikes.…So, I want to create a wiggle on my rotation values.…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations