- [Narrator] The process of hiding and revealing…portions of a layer's content onscreen…is vital in the visual language of motion graphics.…In After Effects, we can do this by use of masks.…Masks are like virtual scissors inside of After Effects,…where we can non-destructively…cut out sections of our layer.…A layer can have one or more masks,…and can either be static or animated.…Here, we'll take a look at how to…create masks and how to animate them.…So here in this first example I've got a, ta-da, mask.…But the shape of a mask is actually created…with the use of After Effects masks.…
So let's go ahead and look at this layer here, layer two.…This is nothing but a solid layer, it's just,…if I double click and open this up into the layer window,…you'll see that it's a solid black layer.…And in this black layer, I've got one, two, three masks.…If you don't already have it enabled,…go ahead and hit this button here…to enable Toggle Mask and Shape Path Visibility.…And that'll show you these lines here, these dots.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.