Now that you have your 3D object animated, the next step is to add and animate 3D type. How do you add text to your 3D animated object and animate that text with Boris FX? In this movie, author Eran Stern will guide you through the process of creating and animating 3D type with Boris FX and Adobe After Effects.
- Now after we've animated the 3D object,…we are ready to add some 3D type, as well.…So, let's get to it right now.…Alright, so this is what we've came up in the previous…movie, a spinning yogurt cup that comes down and makes…room for the two 3D titles that we are going to create…in this movie.…So, to do so, make sure to select a background which…has the BCC title studio affect,…and that is if you are following me.…
Now you can click on the setup button and this will…get you inside for interface.…I'm going to zoom out so we can see everything.…And I'm also going to place the cursor over here at…three seconds and 10 frames.…This is a good place to start to design the first title.…To create the first title, make sure that the scene…3D container one is selected because we want to create…a title inside this container.…And to do so, click on this Boris icon and choose…Extruded Text.…
This will, once again show you the Boris FX default…title.…So we can highlight it and we can write down our first…word, which is cherry.…
This course works through real-world scenarios, showcasing impressive type effects used to create visually stunning scenes. To make type integrate seamlessly with the footage, Eran demonstrates how to use tracking, rotoscoping, particles, distortions, camera effects, and more. Compositing is performed in Premiere Pro as the main editing hub. In addition to Photoshop and After Effects, the course also explores a PixelSquid plugin, a Bounce Pack set of transitions, ReelSmart Motion Blur, a Continuum Complete set of 3D objects, and some text design templates of Titler Pro 4. These third-party plugins are introduced to complement your workflow while keeping time spent outside the editing interface minimal. This course is designed to equip you with the skills needed to create promos, trailers, and openers that exhibit superb use of 3D titles.
- Creating 3D objects and type
- Rendering text
- Animating with motion and transitions
- Faking depth with rotoscoping
- Working with multiple layers
- Creating a shatter explosion
- Floating type in a liquid text simulation
- Attaching type to a moving object within a scene
- Adding motion graphics to movement within a scene