Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the alpha channel, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- Depending upon the editing system you are using…or if you are sending to a live keying environment.…Having an embedded alpha channel can be really useful.…The easiest way to do this is to go to the actions panel.…Earlier, we loaded some video actions.…If you don't see them, just go to the panel sub-menu…and choose video actions.…Once you've done that you'll see two actions.…Alpha channel from visible layer…and alpha channel from visible layers inverted.…This second option is most commonly used…by Avid editing systems.…
And some live keying environments.…I'll just choose this and click play.…An action plays back a series of commands.…In this case it's going to make a standard alpha channel.…Just make sure no layers are visible…that you don't want included in the final graphic.…Now that went really fast but it actually ran.…I'll do it a second time.…If we take a look at the channels here,…you'll see in this case I made two.…So let's throw that second one away.…There's the alpha channel…and the alpha channel has all of the stored transparency.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.