Want to create another lo-fi mograph effect? Check out Creating a Handmade Look in After Effects 01: Paper Cutout and Stop Motion Styles.
- Using the Pen tool to create hand-drawn shapes
- Animating shape layers to look drawn on
- Giving a wiggle to drawn elements
- Customizing and animating handwritten fonts
- Looping animation with expressions
- Using the Paintbrush tool to create animated painted lines
- Adding texture to lines
- Creating write-on type
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Owen Lowery and welcome to the second course of this series featuring Lynda.com's very own house band Oh No, Robots. In this course, we'll focus on the hand drawn elements of the Oh No, Robots' live show opener. We'll learn some after effect techniques to imitate traditional cell animation without ever having to pick up a pen or pencil or even have any natural drawing ability at all. We'll start by going over some characteristics of traditional hand drawn animation then learn about using shape layers and after effects to design, texturize, and animate line art.
We'll also mess around with making hand written fonts that actually look like they were hand written. And I'll even show you how to be a graffiti artist without the risk of a felony charge. Alright, let's make this happen.