Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating 3D text, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- So in this fourth composition I've got…an example of per-character 3D,…and so let's take a look here. We've got 3D text,…thanks to our cinema D renderer,…we've got it extruded and I also have text animators,…animating on the position and rotation…of each of those 3D characters.…So let's see how we can build this from scratch.…I'm going to turn this layer off, and I have…a 2D layer that we can start with.…You'll notice that it's all flat,…there's nothing here, until we hit that 3D switch.…Now we have some extrusion going on.…
Let's twirl down and go to add a position animator,…and you'll notice that the position animator…comes in with only X and Y values,…so even though this is a 3D layer,…our animator's only talking to our characters…in X and Y. So, in order to create the third axis,…let's go here to "Enable Per-character 3D".…And the second we do that, we now have the…Z space available to us. So, I'm going to take this…and input a negative value here so that…all the characters come and start towards us,…or from behind camera, maybe 1000 will do.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.