Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating 3D primitives, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with 3D Objects.
- While Photoshop is really meant to…edit existing 3D models,…you can create basic shapes from scratch.…Photoshop allows you to take content…and wrap it around a shape like a cylinder…or a sphere or a pyramid,…and you can use those as objects…in other projects.…Plus, you can take existing textures and wrap them around…or use the luminance values to extrude the object…in new and unique ways.…Let me show you a couple of samples.…I've got a few starting projects here.…So, let's begin by opening up 3D_Mesh Start…and Jupiter.psd.…
I'll double-click to bring both of those files in.…What I have here is a texture map…of the planet Jupiter that was downloaded…from NASA's website.…I could take this shape and wrap it into a sphere.…So, with that layer selected, I'll choose 3D,…New Mesh from Layer.…And you'll notice that there are Mesh Presets.…Now, most of these are pretty straightforward.…Things like Cones and Cylinders,…but surprisingly, there are a few unusual ones,…like a Cowboy Hat.…
And for some unknown reason,…Photoshop felt it was a good idea…
- Working with 3D layers in Photoshop
- Using Vanishing Point Exchange
- Using 3D layers in After Effects
- Creating 3D content in Illustrator
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Using 3D Layers in Photoshop
2. Using Vanishing Point Exchange
3. Using 3D Layers in After Effects
4. Creating 3D Content in Illustrator
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.