Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a 3D object precomp, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Before we can begin making our magic here in After Effects, we need to prepare…each of the layers we're going to need in the final composition.…We're going to start off with the phone.…Now, this may seem like a boring step in the process, but it's…really foundational.…Understanding how to set up correct pre-comps and building the right…pre-comps for just the right situation means that when you get into the final…compositing process you're going to have all of the elements that you need…right there at hand.…It really is a key to sort of setting up a smooth workflow for you all the way…through After Effects, so you get to the final result.…
So what I'm going to do here in the file is I'm going to go into the Video…folder, and in my Phone Pass folder, I've got this pre-comp, and this is the…pre-comp that was imported when we imported the AEC file.…Now I could just use this composition originally, but I don't like to do that.…I always like to keep a copy of it on hand.…So I'm going to make a copy by hitting Command+D or Ctrl+D on the keyboard, and…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.