Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating 3D geometry, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Enabling the cinema 4D renderer…in a composition allows for extrusions…among other added parameters for our 3D layers.…We can not only extrude text layers inside of After Effects,…but we can also extrude shape layers.…So here in this empty composition,…I'm going to go up top here to my rectangle tool,…and let's go ahead and create a 2D shape layer square.…So we'll use this white fill.…I'm going to shift, click, and drag to create a square,…and then I'm going to come up here using that same shape layer.…We'll switch over the ellipse tool to create a circle.…
And one more, I'll go ahead and grab the star tool…and we'll click and drag here to create a star.…I'm going to switch to my selection tool…and just move these guys around a little bit…on the screen, somewhere in there.…And, so this is pretty straightforward.…It's just two or three shapes inside one shape layer.…It's all 2D.…Let's go ahead and enable our 3D layer,…and if it's not already, go ahead and ensure that you have…the cinema 4D renderer enabled here,…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.