- [Narrator" Animating paths and Strokes…are an essential technique…for altering shapes or other elements…as if they were being written on or erased off.…A shape layer's trend path operator…is a widely used After Effects tool…that can achieve this.…Here we'll take a look at some of trim path's…more powerful features to illustrate…what it brings to the tool set.…So previously, we built our flower…based off of a circle shape and a repeater,…but the stem itself was created with the pen tool.…And if we tore this down,…we see a shape and a path.…
Let's go ahead and turn on our shape path visibility…and reframe this so we can see…the individual points that make this up.…So I have my selection tool enabled…and I'm going to click and drag around…these different points.…And you'll notice that my path…is creating the overall shape,…the overall form of this stem.…But the overall look,…that's something different.…That comes from the stroke.…So the stroke operator here.…If I twirl this up and come down to stroke,…you'll notice that I have control…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.