In this exercise, create a video for placement in Facebook. This video, assembled in After Effects, uses images, text, and video to tell a story which can be added to a Facebook page.
- [Narrator] In this exercise, I'm going…to walk you through the preparation…of the video destined for Facebook.…I'm going to be using images, text, and actually video.…And this is a fairly common thing…that you'll see on Facebook, where…a video will play and there'll be text and images.…And then there'll be a little bit…of video at the end of it.…And to compile it, what I'm going to do…is I'm going to be using After Effects…to create this project.…Not because it's the best tool for the job…but because it is my tool of choice…for this particular project.…
If you are a Premier user you can easily…reproduce this, using the supplied assets.…Speaking of assets, open the Burleigh dot ap file…found in the Burleigh folder in your chapter download.…Now I started this one by using…the aspect ratio calculator.…So I'm just gonna pop over to it.…Because I knew that I could get away…with a 69 aspect ratio in Facebook…but I felt that a video that's 1920 x 1080…is just a little bit on the large side.…
So I wanted to see if something like…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Beginner
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Appropriate for all
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Appropriate for all
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.