Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create video glitches, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Combining several different effects…allows us to create a much more stylized look…on our footage.…Here, we'll create glitchy digital artifacts…onto our shot, by using turbulent noise,…and a displacement map.…So the end result is something like this.…So we have a bit of digital noise.…We have this turbulent noise…that's driving a displacement map.…And, let's see how we can build this.…So here's our main shot.…It's clean.…And we'll come back to this,…and we'll add in our effects…that we're going to build now.…
Let's go ahead and create a brand new composition,…and this one's going to be called noise.…1280 by 720 is fine, and a duration of 50 frames will work.…So, the heart of this effect is the turbulent noise,…and the displacement map working together.…And so, because these effects require to be on a layer,…I'd rather not use a footage layer.…Let's go ahead and create a shape layer…to house our effects instead.…So, with my Rectangle Tool selected,…this fill color's fine.…It doesn't really matter, so long…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.