The addition of lights in 3D space can be used to draw the viewer's eye and greatly alter the mood of a scene.
- [Instructor] After Effects works … in an 3D Compositing Environment … meaning that we can add 2D layers … and mix them in with 3D layers inside the same composition. … Lights in After Effects behave pretty similarly … to how they would in the real world … and can be used to light our 3D multiplane scenes … for creative effect. … In this movie, … we'll see how we can add and manipulate lights. … To start let's come over here to our View Layout … and change it to two Views Horizontal. … Instead of a top View on the left hand side, … I'll change this out to a custom view. … Now with my Unified Camera Tool selected … left-click and orbit around so we can frame up our scene. … And see all of our 3D multiplane layers. … Now, to add a light all we have to do … is simply select our composition … and come over here to Layer, … New Light. … Inside our Light Settings here … we have the ability to define a few different properties. … The first one being the Light Type. … If we select this you see that we have four options …
- Shape layers and masks
- Track mattes
- Rigging characters
- Using the Puppet tool for rigging
- Adding and adjusting keyframes
- Looping animation
- Animating with motion paths and motion sketch
- Adding cameras for multiplane environments
- Lighting animation
- Rendering animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2019 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen34m 12s Intermediate
1. Working with Layers and Shapes
2. Rigging Character Controls
3. Working with Animation
4. Creating Multiplane Environments
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.