- [Narrator] After Effects offers…a powerful expression system that can…help simplify certain tasks and automate others.…The world of expressions goes quite deep,…but even as you're starting on your journey,…it can definitely benefit you to learn a few of the basics.…They can speed up your workflow…by reducing the need for manual keyframes.…So for now let's focus on how…to create keyframed animation loops.…So here in this example I've got a box…that's animated up, down and back up again.…So over the course of those three keyframes…I'd like to loop this animation somehow,…and we can do that through the use of loopOut expressions.…
So in order to enable expressions…we have to first select the property…that we have keyframed that we'd like to loop,…and over here by the stop watch let's option click that.…By option clicking you'll notice…that these values then turn red.…We have a new expression parameter.…And here we have a text field.…Let's go ahead and delete that,…and this is where we're going to…enter in our loopOut expression.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.