Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create light wrap, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In the attempt to better composite…our Chrome Key footage with our background,…it's often desirable to mimic how light works…in the context of an environment.…In the real world there's always going to be…some light bouncing off the surroundings…and coloring a subject in some manner.…Working with Chrome Key footage can be…like working in a vacuum, so we can better integrate…our keyed footage through the use…of what's known as a light wrap.…And here in this example I've got a foreground subject…and matched up with a background.…But to help integrate the foreground…with the background a little bit better,…let's go ahead and turn on this light wrap layer.…
And you can see the subtle difference that it adds.…We're getting this color casting on his shoulders now,…let's go ahead and zoom in, and on his face.…So I'll turn it on, turn it off, turn it on, turn it off.…And you can see all we're doing is trying to replicate…how the real world bounces light from it's surroundings…and onto our subject here.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.