Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create fire with particles, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Fire is a visual effects staple.…As an element they're used pretty much everywhere,…and while nothing can composite quite like…real footage of flames, it's helpful to know…how to fabricate it from scratch yourself.…Here we'll look at one approach to creating fire…from particles and turbulent displacement.…So here's the end effect that we're after.…I'm going to turn on our alpha channel…so you can see this fire by itself.…And so, how can we create this completely from scratch?…Let's move over to our start composition…and I'm going to right-click and just create…a brand new solid.…
And that's fine, all those settings are great.…And what I'm going to do is rename this fire center.…Now to this we're going to add in an effect called particles.…CC Particle Systems.…If we drag that in there, you can see that…if we preview this we automatically get…some fireworks effects, it's almost like…a sparkler gone haywire.…Over here in the Particle Systems effect itself…we have all these different parameters…that control what's going on over here.…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.