Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create elements with shape layers, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Shape layers are an extremely powerful…vector tool that's almost like a small version…of Illustrator directly inside of After Effects.…Since they are vector-based, shape layers can be scaled up…infinitely with no degradation,…and have powerful animator parameters…that are commonly used in motion graphics.…We'll touch on a few aspects in this movie…that can help you to create elements…that enhance the look of your titles and lower thirds.…There's a whole world to explore inside of shape layers,…so be sure to check out other movies in the library…that cover them more in-depth.…For now, we'll just focus in on a few core concepts,…one of which is that shape layers are infinitely sizable,…and in this first example,…you'll see I have a blue circle here,…that's created using a solid layer inside of After Effects,…and the white circle behind it…was created using shape layers,…and as I scale both of these up to 800 percent,…you can see the advantage of using shape layers immediately.…
The blue solid layer, all of a sudden,…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.