Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create destruction with Shatter, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Making things blow up or crumble…is pretty much mandatory in visual effects.…And, while we aren't going…to be creating a blockbuster level…city demolition scene in this movie,…we will cover destruction on a smaller scale…and create a bit of groundbreaking using the shatter effect.…So here's the effect that we're after.…You can see that,…as this long jumper makes contact with the ground…we have a bit of shattering here.…Make this 50% so we can see a little bit better.…And the core effect behind here is just the shatter effect.…And I'm going to boil it down…to basically a couple of layers.…
We have the background.…We have the shatter itself.…And then we have a roto of the foot.…So, the foot roto,…the shatter, and the background.…So let's go ahead and look at just the shatter…and how to create this.…So let's move over to our start composition.…And here is our clean plate.…Let's go ahead and rename this background.…I'm going to duplicate this,…and we'll name this shatter.…So the first thing we're going to do…
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 52m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.