- [Narrator] The process of hiding and revealing…portions of a layer's content on screen…is vital in the visual language of motion graphics.…In After Effects we can do this by use of masks.…Masks are like virtual scissors inside of After Effects…where we can non destructively…cut out sections of our layer.…A layer can have one or more masks…and can either be static or animated.…Here we'll take a look at how to create masks…and how to animate them.…So here in this first example I've got a, tahdah, mask.…But the shape of a mask is actually created…with the use of After Effects masks.…
So let's go ahead and look at this layer here, Layer 2.…This is nothing but a solid layer.…If I double click and open this up to the layer window,…you'll see that it's a solid, black layer,…and in this black layer I've got one, two, thee masks.…If you don't already have I enabled…go ahead and hit this button here…to enable toggle mask and shape path visibility.…And that will show you these lines, these dots,…those are our masks.…So I've got three here,…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/07/2018. What changed?
A: We added videos on two new features in Adobe CC 2018: the Essential Graphics panel and master properties.
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.