Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create 3D type extrusions, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The type engine in After Effects goes deeper…by giving us the added ability…to extrude our text into 3D space.…Combined with lights and cameras,…we can give the text on screen an added sense of depth.…Here in this movie,…we'll look at the essentials behind creating 3D type.…In my first composition,…I've got one layer for this word Sunday…and in order to create a 3D text,…we need to first create a 3D layer so let's make sure…that we have these row of icons here, the switches.…If you don't have that,…come over here to the little hamburger icon guy…and go to Columns and enable Switches.…
So, step one, let's go ahead and turn this into a 3D layer.…As we do, when we click on Sunday,…we notice that we have a 3D gizmo here…with the handles for X, Y, and Z.…And if I rotate this around,…you'll see that this is a flat plane floating in 3D space.…So, one thing we want to make sure…is that up here in the renderer…that we're using the Cinema 4D renderer…and this is what is going to enable us…to create 3D text, some 3D extrusions.…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.