Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Create 3D text, part of After Effects CC 2018 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] So in this fourth composition,…I've got an example of per-character 3D.…And so, let's take look here.…We've got 3D text, thanks to our Cinema 4D renderer.…We've got it extruded, and I also have text animators,…animating on the position and rotation…of each of those 3D characters.…So let's see how we can build this from scratch.…I'm going to turn this layer off,…and I have a 2D layer that we can start with.…You'll notice that it's all flat, there's nothing here…until we hit that 3D switch.…Now we have some extrusion going on.…
Let's twirl down and go to add a position animator,…and you'll that the position animator comes in…with only x and y values.…So, even though this is a 3D layer,…our animator's only talking to our characters in x and y.…So, in order to create the third axis,…let's go here to Enable Per-character 3D,…and the second we do that,…we now have the z space available to us.…So, I'm going to take this and input a negative value here…so that all the characters come…and start towards us or from behind camera.…
- Working with shape layers and paths
- Animating compositions
- Animating type
- Animating 3D layers
- Creating 3D text and geometry
- Rendering your motion graphics
- Following an effective motion graphic workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Keying with Keylightwith Luisa Winters1h 3m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Plugins You Should Knowwith Nick Harauz4h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Expressionswith Luisa Winters2h 28m Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.