Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying and pasting with property links, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- View Offline
- Up to this point, we've been creating…our expressions manually,…either by using elements from the Expression…Language menu, or by typing in values ourselves.…I'm going to show you a no-brainer way…of being able to automatically create expressions…without even knowing you're doing it.…If we double-click this Text comp here,…it will open up just the text on its own.…And you'll see I've got two layers.…I've got this one here, saying BASKETBALL,…and this one here, saying League.…If I select the Basketball layer…and double-hit the u key on the keyboard,…that will expose everything that's been changed…about this layer.…
And if we just hit the accent key,…that will extend the timeline so that we can see…all of those properties.…These are the properties that I've changed.…Notice that I've changed source text…at the Path option, so we've made it…go around a path, Fill and Stroke Color,…and there's the path that it travels around,…and also the position value.…If I want this layer to have the same,…say, fill color and stroke color as this layer,…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations