Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy and pasting items from After Effects, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] It's possible to copy and paste elements…from After Effects to Premier Pro,…but it's not a good idea to use that technique…if you're using expressions.…Let me show you why.…We're going to jump over to After Effects,…and in this comp you'll see that I've got this piece…of footage where I've exaggerated this rotation wiggle…to make this piece of footage wiggle around a little bit.…I've exaggerated it so that you can clearly see…what's happening here.…Okay, now if I was to select that element and copy it,…and then go to Premier Pro and just paste it in there,…you'll see it does paste it in.…
It pastes it in where the time marker is,…but if we preview it,…you'll see the expression isn't applied.…Because Premier Pro doesn't support expressions,…it's not a good idea to do that.…If you want to bring in a composition or an element…from After Effects,…either use Adobe Dynamic Link or Import,…so if I Import it I can choose copy/paste AEP,…click on import,…and it will ask me which composition I want to bring in.…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations