Working inside of Adobe Illustrator gives you the ability to create some custom graphic builds by converting any normal vector graphic element into an art brush. How do you create an art brush in Illustrator? In this video, author Ian Robinson demonstrates how to create a custom art brush in Illustrator from a vector graphic.
- Working inside of Illustrator gives you the ability…to create some pretty amazing custom graphic builds…by converting any normal vector element…into an Illustrator Art Brush.…Much like creating custom brushes in Photoshop…to paint custom textures,…we're going to create a custom Art Brush in Illustrator…to later create a custom Seam made out of vector elements.…So let's go ahead and open Illustrator,…so I can better illustrate my point.…Now, if you open the project file in Exercise Files,…you'll notice it's empty.…
It was just created by creating a new profile…which was Video and Film,…and we chose the DVCPRO HD preset.…So, I'm going to click Cancel…since I already have one of these open.…Now, if your interface doesn't look like this,…go up to the Essentials pull-down here.…Yours may say something different.…So, just click on this pull-down,…and make sure it says Essentials.…And if it still looks different,…reset your Essentials workspace.…That'll pop open your Libraries panel,…but that's fine.…
You can hide the Libraries panel,…
- Exploring the Creative Cloud Market
- Searching and saving assets in the Creative Cloud Market
- Organizing Market assets in the CC Libraries
- Creating custom brushes and textures in Photoshop
- Creating backgrounds and animations in Illustrator
- Building a short promo in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Integrating Type into Videowith Eran Stern2h 36m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Color Grading Footagewith Richard Harrington2h 53m Intermediate
1. Using Creative Cloud Market Assets
2. Creating Textures and Patterns in Photoshop
3. Working with Assets in Illustrator
4. Project: Building a Short Promo
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.