Expressions can indeed make your life easier by changing the value of the property by typing simple lines of code. However, what if you want to turn what the expression is doing to keyframes? In this movie, author Luisa Winters demonstrates how to change an expression into keyframes in Adobe After Effects.
- So far you can see that expressions can, indeed,…make your life easier by changing the value…of the property by typing simple lines of code.…However, sometimes you want to turn what the expression…is doing to keyframes.…Let's see how we can do that.…Let's go ahead and open Composition 2.6:…Convert an Expression to Keyframes.…And in here, you're gonna see that we have a ball layer…without really any effects applied to it.…
Let's go ahead and add a wiggle…to the position value of this layer.…So P for position, press and hold alter option,…and then click on the stopwatch.…And now type wiggle two and 400.…And now we're gonna see that the layer is indeed wiggling.…I can convert all of these values into keyframes…so that I can bake 'em in.…
The reason I would want to do that is several.…Maybe I'm afraid that when I send this somewhere…somebody is going to mess with the expression or whatever,…and I really wanna bake those values…to make sure nobody changes them.…Or maybe I wanna separate the dimensions a little bit…
- Adding expressions
- Editing expressions manually
- Changing expression dimensions: rate, value, music amplitude, etc.
- Working with expression variables
- Using the Expression Language menu
- Using random values
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice 09: Expressionswith Chris Meyer1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 8m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Advanced Photoshop Techniqueswith Ian Robinson2h 12m Intermediate
1. What Are Expressions?
2. Expression Dimensions
4. Expression Language Menu
5. Other Expressions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.